Part of the critically acclaimed Over and Under series!
Award-winning duo Kate Messner and Christopher Silas Neal take readers on a thrilling tour of one of the most diverse ecosystems on planet earth: the rainforests of Central America.
Discover the wonder that lies hidden among the roots, above the winding rivers, and under the emerald leaves of the rainforest.
- Features animals like the slender parrot snake to the blue morpho butterfly- Explores the canopies, where toucans and pale-billed woodpeckers chatter and call- Other animals include capuchin monkeys who swing from vines and slow-moving sloths who wait out daily thunderstorms
Under the canopy of the rainforest hundreds of animals make their homes, but up in the leaves hides another world.
This stunning read is perfect for kids who can't get enough of the rainforest and all the animals living in it.
- Equal parts educational and beautiful, this book is perfect for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
- A great gift for kids who love nature, rainforests, animals, and learning more about the world
- Perfect for children ages 5 to 8 years old
- Add it to the shelf with books like The Big Book of Bugs by Yuval Zommer, The Animal Book by Lonely Planet Kids, and A Butterfly Is Patient by Dianna Aston.
"[C]hannels the mystery and magic of the natural world. Part outdoor adventure, part animal nonfiction book, this exciting blend will delight children interested in fact and fiction. [ Over and Under the Rainforest d]raws you right in."- Kirkus Reviews
"[S]imply told and lushly illustrated. . . [ Over and Under the Rainforest] offers an engaging and easy introduction to animal habitats."- Booklist
"Lush mixed-media illustrations in shades of teal and violet vary in perspective, seamlessly shifting from sweeping aerial views to close-ups of animals, insects, and plants. . . Capturing the mysterious and magical beauty of the tropical biome, [ Over and Under the Rainforest] is sure to encourage further rainforest investigation."- The Horn Book Magazine
Kate Messner is an award-winning author whose many books for kids have been selected as Best Books by the New York Times, Junior Library Guild, IndieBound, and Bank Street College of Education. She lives on Lake Champlain with her family.
Christopher Silas Neal is the award-winning artist of Over and Under the Snow, Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt, and Over and Under the Pond. His work has been published in a variety of books and magazines and featured on television. He currently lives and works in Brooklyn.
0.5" H x 12.1" L x 8.2" W