This special 6"x9" edition has been published by Living Book Press in association with HearthRoom Press.
Originally published in the early 1900's, Anna Comstock intended that the pupil would use these notebooks, with their teacher- and alongside her Handbook of Nature Study, to create their very own field guides by observing local flora and fauna.
This book, Notes on Plants and Flowers, contains
- How to Understand a Plant
- How to understand a flower
- along with multiple forms to fill in while in the field, to aid in the identification of plants and flowers.
Anna Comstock intended that the pupil would use these notebooks to create their very own field guides by observing local flora and fauna with which they should be very familiar.
Also available in this series:
- Notes on Birds 1 & 2
- Notes on Plants & Flowers
- Notes on Common Animals
- Notes on Fishes
- Notes on Insects
- Notes on Trees
This book is best suited for:
- Homeschool students using Handbook of Nature Study or The Burgess Flower Book.
- Nature study enthusiasts who enjoy keeping a nature journal.
- Those interested in the Charlotte Mason method of education.
- Classrooms with teachers familiar with Anna Comstock's methods.
Would also make a wonderful gift for students, children, and naturalists of all ages!
Living Book Press / HearthRoom Press
0.34" H x 9.0" L x 6.0" W